Saturday, August 22, 2020
About the Walk for Education
As this new challenge pushes all of us into new frontiers of distancing, UNCF continues to adjust to our new reality.
The UNCF Michigan office raises a large portion of its funds to support our member institutions and students through our signature event — the UNCF Detroit Walk for Education. In 2019, thanks to our sponsors, Delta Airlines, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, The Auto Club Group, Meritor, Comerica Bank, FCA, Henkel Corporation and Bridgewater Interiors; along with the Detroit Inter-Alumni Council, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., volunteers and thousands of loyal donors, we were able to raise over $740,000.
Our students and member institutions rely on UNCF’s financial support more now than ever before — we need your participation to help us reach our 2020 fundraising goal of $500,000. The Walk is still a community fundraising event in which you can recruit family members, friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc. to participate in this non-competitive Walk to raise much needed funds for UNCF. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Walk will be virtual.
How can you participate?
- Register — Registration is FREE! The first 200 people to register with a team by Aug. 1 will receive a gift. General registration ends Aug. 15.
- Be Active — For at least 30 minutes on a treadmill, stationary bike, dancing, etc.
- Recruit — Invite others to join your team or form their own team by sharing the Walk website.
- Invest In Our Future — Donate online or by check via US mail.
- $25 will help a student with supplies
- $50 will help a student with fees
- $100 will help a student with getting a laptop
- $150 will help a student with broadband access
- $250 will help a student download textbooks
- $500 will help a student with tuition
- Social Media — Share your support and participation on your personal platforms using: #UNCF76, #UNCFMichigan, #UNCFDetroitWalk, #LaceUP4UNCF
Find a participant or a team you'd like to support and make your donation today!
Your Support has a positive impact for Michigan students.
Together, with your support, we can continue to help students get to and through college.